Alzheimer’s Caregiving Tips: Strategies for Success
Here are a few strategies to consider when caring for a loved on with Alzheimer’s.
- Educate yourself about the disease.
- Learn caregiving techniques.
- Understand the experience of your loved one.
- Avoid caregiver burnout.
- Maintain your own physical and mental health.
- Discuss the situation with family and friends.
- Do cognitive stimulation activities with your loved one.
- Foster communication with physicians.
- Take care of financial, legal and long-term care planning issues.
- Think positively.
- Reach out for care.
Senior Resource Guide 2017/2018